******* OEM wheel swaps anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ever since sixspeed mentioned that he preferred your truck have a rake instead of being level like it currently is.......it's been bugging me....dammit chris, hurry up and lower it so i can't see gaps anymore!!! :crazy:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been wondering how those 18s would look mounted up. Very nice.

I've seen pics of the 17" Jeep alloys on dropped93's truck and those look good as well.

Last edited:

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
OP - I know your pain. I get emails almost daily about the Corvette wheels on my 454SS (not so much from here, but definitely from several other sites). It's not that I don't want to help anyone do this, but I put alot of thought/work into what made it work for me (about 12 years ago) when nobody else would help me. Then I got "those are ugly why would you do that?" statements from everyone. The greatest was when pulling into the IX Center lot on the first day of the Hot Rod Power Tour 2007 and having about 4-5 different people following me to my space and asking how I go those wheels on there. Pretty crazy for such ugly wheels.

Believe me it is flattering that so many people do like it, but everyone wants do duplicate it, so mine won't be all that special down the road.

BTW - I do like the Wrangler wheels on your truck. It just needs the front end down a little. Just my opinion and I understand if your happy with it the way it is. It's a sharp truck.

Dodge Vipers are a small 6 bolt - same as Dakota.

Lol, I just put it back at stock-ish height a couple of months back. It was dropped 3/5. I don't as much go by the fender gaps (rear is 1/2" lower) as I do the bodyline. I hate the appearance of body rake these trucks have even when they sit level by the fender gaps. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to drop it again like it was since I roam all over the country (literally) and I've had issues with damaging the valence and y-pipe on road debris. Plus with all the maintenance that comes up every month it's SO much easier with it a little higher off the ground. The only real thing I want to do is fix the dent below the taillight I got from a hit and run and throw in a 95-up grille.

You must be registered for see images attach

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol, I just put it back at stock-ish height a couple of months back. It was dropped 3/5. I don't as much go by the fender gaps (rear is 1/2" lower) as I do the bodyline. I hate the appearance of body rake these trucks have even when they sit level by the fender gaps. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to drop it again like it was since I roam all over the country (literally) and I've had issues with damaging the valence and y-pipe on road debris. Plus with all the maintenance that comes up every month it's SO much easier with it a little higher off the ground. The only real thing I want to do is fix the dent below the taillight I got from a hit and run and throw in a 95-up grille.

I would agree with the bold statement especially. Mine is a major headache to lift off the ground. Usually requires two jacks and a few 2x8s.

The only component that I have damaged on mine is the OEM valance (and fog lights), and now the current valance is showing some wear. My truck has never been a DD, but has been all over the country on two Power Tour long hauls (5000+ miles between the two), and has been lowered for 20 years. I watch constantly for road debris, and have been pretty lucky over the years.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Out here, the dirt roads will get a washboard effect and will turn the tightest built truck into a rattletrap......wish they'd grade them more often. My nova spun around 180 degrees at 45mph if that tells you anything lol.

Last edited:

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Dunno why but the wheels I like best on my half tons are the 80s GM rallyes, they just work with my trucks for some reason