OBS only , painted interior pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I used 180 on the da on the bare plasti to knock as much texture down as possible which is very time consuming, then used the 2 part filler primer and primed it heavy, then hit it with 320 on the da, then primed it again since ull end up breaking through the first coat of primer to bare plastic then 320 by hand so as to not break through the second coat. And it came out as smooth as glass.

Cant use no lower then 180 on the bare plastic because itll just shread the plastic up

Wow that is way to much work for me! Haha thanks for the info!

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used 180 on the da on the bare plasti to knock as much texture down as possible which is very time consuming, then used the 2 part filler primer and primed it heavy, then hit it with 320 on the da, then primed it again since ull end up breaking through the first coat of primer to bare plastic then 320 by hand so as to not break through the second coat. And it came out as smooth as glass.

Cant use no lower then 180 on the bare plastic because itll just shread the plastic up

Yes! , this is the 100% right way to do it
Tired of reading about people using adhesion promotors and filling with primer , sand your texture out.
I got one coming into my shop that the whole primer and paint on top of dash is cracked from "filling" texture with primer. Needless to say I didnt do it originally

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How would one go about filling cracks in a dash so that it can be painted and look nice again. I don't care about it being smooth as glass, just need to be able to repair cracks and spray it all the same color so I don't have to try to blend it (partially color blind).

Initial thoughts are fiberglass but idk how to replicate the texture of the factory dash.

Thanks for the advise in advance.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How would one go about filling cracks in a dash so that it can be painted and look nice again. I don't care about it being smooth as glass, just need to be able to repair cracks and spray it all the same color so I don't have to try to blend it (partially color blind).

Initial thoughts are fiberglass but idk how to replicate the texture of the factory dash.

Thanks for the advise in advance.

3m makes a plastic repair epoxy, but if its cracked its just gnna keep cracking in other spots. The sun makes it brittle. Easier to find a uncracked dash and swap it out since ull have to pull the dash to repair anyway.

Dash is easy to pull out if u pull the fuse box and wiring with the dash

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3m makes a plastic repair epoxy, but if its cracked its just gnna keep cracking in other spots. The sun makes it brittle. Easier to find a uncracked dash and swap it out since ull have to pull the dash to repair anyway.

Dash is easy to pull out if u pull the fuse box and wiring with the dash

Well this is my sons s10 not my full size, have you pulled the dash on one of those?

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well this is my sons s10 not my full size, have you pulled the dash on one of those?

Pulled the dash on an 80s model s10 but not a newer one. However everything gm ive ever pulled the dash on was only about 6 or 8 bolts and it rolled out. And i pulled them the same way with the wiring harness still attached

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
What about if i want ti fill in semas on a plastic dash, like we'll say on a 88-94 dash, around the vent on top of the dash, id like to make it all smooth... can i fiber glass that? Same with the door panels, im thinking of taking out the carpet on the bottom of my '94 door panels and filling it in with fiber glass to paint it... will that that crack over the winter?

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can fiberglass the dash and door panels, have to wrap it in fleece first since fiberglass will not stick to the plastic, then finish it out and paint it.