OBS only , painted interior pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTM1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you just sand all the texture off then paint or bondo?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
depends what your after...you can buy SEM dye, and dye everything black like youd like, and that keeps your textued look. If you want smooth as glass interior oeaces DO NOT bondo!!!!! Sand it down, use a hibuild primer, then sand it some more... till you have a nice smooth surface. Then paint it and clear it.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Very nice! That's a lot of work. Always impressed with interiors done like this, usually because it's owner-done. Way too expensive to have done in a shop.
How many hours are you into this now? My shop rate $65.00/hr. This project would cost a customer stupid amounts of $$$, at that rate!

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice! That's a lot of work. Always impressed with interiors done like this, usually because it's owner-done. Way too expensive to have done in a shop.
How many hours are you into this now? My shop rate $65.00/hr. This project would cost a customer stupid amounts of $$$, at that rate!

Id say with painting time and priming sanding im in it for a good 50-60hrs. By the time u take all the little pieces apart like cigerate lighter thing, glove box, cup holder, a/c vents its very time consuming. Many times i asked wtf was i thinking doing this lol but in the end it was worth it, cant say id do another one though. I do body work for a living and theres no amount of money that id do this for somebody else theres no way.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also still debating on fiberglassing one of the airbag delete boxs and putting it in place of the covered airbag. Idk if i like the covered airbag, but ill have to see how my attempt at fiberglassing the door panels goes first.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Id say with painting time and priming sanding im in it for a good 50-60hrs. By the time u take all the little pieces apart like cigerate lighter thing, glove box, cup holder, a/c vents its very time consuming. Many times i asked wtf was i thinking doing this lol but in the end it was worth it, cant say id do another one though. I do body work for a living and theres no amount of money that id do this for somebody else theres no way.

So, by the time your done, probably over 100 hours.
$6500.00 at my shop rate! In labor alone! That's more than what some members have into their whole truck! Lol! And your shop rate is probably more.
I've had customers say "You want HOW much to do...?" They don't get it, so I'll hand them a pair of scissors and say knock yourself out, bud!