1989 Silverado Interior Color Code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a 1989 Chevrolet Silverado. I am trying to find the interior color code of my truck and have been told the number is on the Service Tag in the glovebox. The color I'm trying to match is the center section of the dash, particularly the piece that has the ac vents and where the radio used to mount. The number on the tag says "624LJ2" but I find nothing on it (see photo attached). I have contacted some paint companies and they have no idea what it is. As you can see in the other photo posted the color it is. I have called GM and tried to use my VIN number to match and they told me the record didn't go back that far, whatever that means. It is sort of light/medium beige but nothing I have found to this point has been spot on. On the window sticker it mentions the seat is "LUU1 Beige Custom Cloth Bench" but no mention of the interior color. Of course for big money I can send it in and have "computer analysis" done and told what it is but I'd rather not have to spend that kind of money. I could also pick something close and just repaint all the associated pieces but there were thousands of trucks made in this color interior, I just find it hard to believe it is so hard to find the correct color. I was wondering if anyone else has been able to match the color. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220322_123951.jpg
    20220322_123951.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220406_213258.jpg
    20220406_213258.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 31

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
The Rustoleum "Sand" looks pretty close. It's what I used on Frank.

Last edited:

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
There is Vinyl dye and paint that matches in the Rustoleum line.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, the interior trim color code is indicated by the three-digit alphanumeric code ending in the letter "I." In your case, it would be 69I.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If someone has an "original interior" and all the pieces are still the same shade, they've painted it. I wouldn't hesitate to paint it with a beige that's readily available. I did Way Cool Jr's interior with black, and now I'm doing the same with Roscoe.

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for you help. Using "xXxPARAGONxXx" information concerning RPO code 69I I found the color to be called LT OAK/VERY DK PEWTER which would be the two different colors used for the dash. Going from there I found some paint at Summit called Light Oak that from the picture looks close. I ordered some and we'll see. The other suggestion by "Frank Enstein" concerning the Rustoleum Sand. I could not find anyone that had it for order but his other suggestion on Duplicolor "Sand" interior paint is carried at my local Advance Auto so I will pick a can up today and try it while waiting on the paint from Summit.

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
I purchased the Duplicolor " Desert Sand" interior paint today and it too is not the color. Awaiting the light oak from Summit next week. If it doesn't match then i will choose the closet to the original color and paint the other dash pieces the same to match.