obs core support

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
hello i decided that this didn't belong in the engine maintenance thread but my issue is i am needing to remove my core support for cleaning engine bay and removing engine. its a very long story to make ti simple the trucks to high and lowering isn't a option. i know its more work but hey it keeps my out of trouble.

no i have the grille and the radiator out i have the top bolts out of the support i have a side bolt on the passenger side out of it but i cant find the driver side or to remove the bottom.

any ideas?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got a/c it has to be drained. The core support bolts have a hole in the front that lets you get in there to hold the top of them, and then the bottom is exposed. Now there's 2 maybe or 1 on each fender going into the side or the core support, not sure on anymore bolts.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
i was thinking that on the a/c how do i drain that I'm pretty sure i know how just want a for sure i know Lol. and i think i know what your talking about on the top u see the head of the bolt and the bottom is the nut its darn it i cant remember the name of it. i found the bolt on the passenger side on the side of the core support and there was 1 on each side that holds the fender to the support

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
3 bolts at the bottom on both sides
You must be registered for see images attach

the bottom thing i think your talking about

the head of that

any tips on removing theise a/c lines and draining system

top bolts

side bolt i cant find the one on the drive side

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you need to have an a/c shop drain it legally. they recycle the freon or whatever, or dispose of it safely.

You want to pull those long bolts out, don't worry about the 3, the long ones is what you want.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
the big thing is how do i get the shop to drain it i cant move the truck lol. how would i do it if i cant get it to a shop? and when removing them lines what is a good way to do it? just grab my adjustable wrench and turn lol?

is this the long ones your talking about?

and gm really did a job on hideing that drive side side bolt

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can bleed out the freon, but its a $25,000 fine if caught. epa banned venting freon into the atmosphere.

your call man. just dont let some crazy environmental person see you.

careful working on the a/c man, glasses, mask, etc be smart.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hit the bleed valve and clear outta the area for about an hour or so. Dont get near that ****, R134A isnt as bad as R12, but I still wouldnt be breathing it in.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
loosen the bolt on the ac compressor that holds the lines slowly till you hear it hissing let it bleed out till it stops.