1995 Grille and Radiator Core Support replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1995truck

Reaction score
I recently have taken off the grille to get at the condenser. I noticed the core support connection to the front body mounts and one of them is very rusty and crumbling, the other side is better but does show some rust but is not crumbly flaking like the left side. The truck is in very good condition very little rust only some surface rust on the frame and other under body parts. The body is pretty clean. I do live in the rust belt (Wisconsin) but the truck spends most of the winter in the garage out of the salt. But over the past 28 years that I have owned her, I have had to drive it in the snow and the salt a couple of time (I hated to do that). The rusted area is pretty hidden and I can see how my under wash may have missed that cavity. It looks like it’s the only area that’s rusted and it’s pretty bad from the top view. I think I should replace the support now while the AC is down and empty Where should I get a new one? Are they all the same made by one supplier? I want good quality.

Attachments

• 1995 Core support Right.jpg
    1995 Core support Right.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 1995 Core support left.jpg
    1995 Core support left.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 8

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d search boneyard. Aftermarket are really flimsy.