91 square body grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91suburban

Reaction score
I have a 91 square body suburban that I’m looking to to swap the grill and headlight bezels from chrome to black but I can’t find anything that is a guaranteed fit. I’m wondering if it would be possible to use an aftermarket early obs style grill, the headlights look about the same, I’m just curious if anyone has done it or if it’s possible. Any knowledge is appreciated.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rough up the chrome with a sand blaster. Paint as desired. Those kits that let you blast out of a bucket work pretty good for doing small jobs like this.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I have a 91 square body suburban that I’m looking to to swap the grill and headlight bezels from chrome to black but I can’t find anything that is a guaranteed fit. I’m wondering if it would be possible to use an aftermarket early obs style grill, the headlights look about the same, I’m just curious if anyone has done it or if it’s possible. Any knowledge is appreciated.
The headlights themselves are the same as the 88-89 quad beams trucks, but the buckets and adjusters are different. The grille is also different, since the square body trucks are more flat across the front. Also the 88-91 square body Burbs/Blazer/Jimmy and Crew cabs have separate trim pieces around the headlights and turn signal lenses.
I wish they'd made the 400 grille like that; hit either side or the middle and the whole thing is toast.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The headlights themselves are the same as the 88-89 quad beams trucks, but the buckets and adjusters are different. The grille is also different, since the square body trucks are more flat across the front. Also the 88-91 square body Burbs/Blazer/Jimmy and Crew cabs have separate trim pieces around the headlights and turn signal lenses.
I wish they'd made the 400 grille like that; hit either side or the middle and the whole thing is toast.
Stop running into $hit girl;)

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how to avoid being tailgated and brake checked while driving my pov own a huge truck with tow mirrors have tires that stick out past you wheel wells have extreme bumpers have a huge grille/brush guard/push bar drive around with a receiver hitch that sticks a good few inches
You mean like this, I designed it to leave a "lasting impression"
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
yeah more or less I do not see the kneecap breaker though unless it is hiding they really work no one wants a ball or pintle hook in their radiator
Yup I leave the ball mount in the hitch on Rawhide, mainly for a step to get in the bed. But it is a deterrent to tailgating. Also helps if you have stuff in the bed bouncing around (with the freeflow tailgates anyone behind you can see in the bed, and you can see behind you much better too!). This also works great on open trailers....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
yeah more or less I do not see the kneecap breaker though unless it is hiding they really work no one wants a ball or pintle hook in their radiator
Bad part about big trucks: they aren't good in small/narrow lanes. And we have many streets like that in Houston, particularly the older parts of town. And most of the newer cowboy/bro dozer truck shaped objects take up more space than is in the lane...that gets fun.