OBD port not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtie-72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not that I know of, I'll find out in 2020 when mine comes up for renewal - just passed last year. I think Maricopa County is the only one in AZ that requires it.
When I lived in the Atlanta area, I used to JUST pass with my big Flowmaster cat. back exhaust and a 180* thermostat.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when my truck was stock, since it was a CA truck, I would pass here at about 1/4 of the emissions limits. I'm running a 194* now, it was a 210* originally to help with NOx.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Atlanta area a vehicle over 20 years old is exempt from emissions tests and they don't even do the sniffer on those that do. Just plug into the OBD port and that is it.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amen to that. One reason I love Mississippi. Almost no gun laws super cheap living and wtf are emission tests???
Yeah, in AZ we don't have hardly any gun laws either, we can even carry concealed without a permit. But, we have pollution problems here in the valley (at least they say we do). On vehicles with OBD2 they just plug in and check for codes. On OBD1 they put you on a dyno and go through the gears, run at about 45 to check NOx and other junk.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Amen to that. One reason I love Mississippi. Almost no gun laws super cheap living and wtf are emission tests??? I'm from around gulfport where are u from?

I live north of meridian. I actually go to college at Mississippi State.

I come to Gulfport every year for Cruisin

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just changed the sensor it was on the passenger side right before the y pipe meets it was a 3 wire Bosch. I reset the computer but the lights still on shooting code 13. I'm sure I need to drive a little for the computer to recognize it I'll post an update later

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I let the negative sit off my battery all night reconnected it. Fired it up no code 10 seconds later the codes back on