NV3500 shift knob change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90Scottsdale

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a ‘90 Scottsdale K2500 manual. Believe it’s an NV3500 as it doesn’t have a granny. Engine is the 350.

I’m looking for the specific type of knob seen in the photo. In the picture it’s attached to a 1995 K2500.

Anyone know where I can find this? I’ve read that changing shifters on pre-‘95’s can be difficult, is that true?

Thank you greatly for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• IMG_0671.png
    IMG_0671.png
    598.2 KB · Views: 27

Treble

Reaction score
You'd have to cut through the rubber, once you get to the knob is it threaded? I believe in the blurry image you posted- that knob is held on with set screws, pure speculation.

My floor 4x4 shift knob is definitely threaded.

90Scottsdale

Reaction score
I apologize for the poor image quality - it’s actually a screen capture from a YouTube video. My shift arm is fine but I’m willing to replace it if I can find one with a similar knob. Does the rubber have to be cut to remove the arm or can it just be temporarily relocated?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The rubber shift boot is held to the floor by four screws at the corners of the base, remove them and the rubber can be pulled up to unthread the stick from the base.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I've never replaced mine... I'd probably find one in a junkyard tho. I don't know where else you'd get one.... LMC maybe?

WICruiser-97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you really only need the knob, they do screw on/off the shift handle. The one you are looking for is defintely aftermarket so spend a lot of time searching for shift knob options on the web to see if you have find one that you like.