npt size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A-2 ace

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the npt tread size is on the radiator oil cooler lines

A-2 ace

Reaction score
its a tbi.. i want to swap out the crap lines to an

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The info is on this site if you'd search. As said, it's NOT NPT.

I remember folks using Dash 6 hose; which as far as I'm concerned is too damned small. The metal tubes on the end of my original hoses is 1/2"; theoretically equivalent to Dash 8.

Seems to me that there were problems finding fittings that had the correct thread for the radiator, AND the Dash 8, 37 degree flare.

A-2 ace

Reaction score
they make male npt to -8an for cooler lines i just dont want to buy the wrong thing..

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like SAATR said, it's not NPT. It's M20x1.5 with an o-ring seal. Vibrant Performance makes M20x1.5 to AN adapters but they don't have the correct o-ring seal, I've looked and never found a correct part for this.

EDIT - As mentioned this is for the Vortec trucks, not sure if the TBI trucks use the same size fittings or not.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Like SAATR said, it's not NPT. It's M20x1.5 with an o-ring seal. Vibrant Performance makes M20x1.5 to AN adapters but they don't have the correct o-ring seal, I've looked and never found a correct part for this.

That's probably because the o-ring goes on the line, on the original hose, and not the fitting/connector. It would be handy to know what that is called. It's more than just a thread size and pitch.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score