No fuel pump activity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Multiple problems? No spark, no injector pulse AND no fuel pressure?

No spark, no injector pulse could be pickup coil, module, wire harness to ECM, or a faulty ECM.

No fuel pressure even with the pump running could be a failed pump, a broken rubber hose between pump and hanger, or a severely plugged fuel filter. Less-likely to be a failed-open pressure regulator, but possible.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Never thought I would see this on the box . Left is another package. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• HPIM1422.JPG
    HPIM1422.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM1418+2.jpg
    HPIM1418+2.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 5

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. New parts in and running fine. I found the problem and I knew it would wind up being a simple mistake on my part. The wiring plugs on the coil were broken and the one from the ignition was the worst. I bought replacement pigtails but I had only fixed the one to the distributor because I could take it completely off and solder it in my workshop and do the other later. I managed to plug the other in backwards when I changed the coil. I found it because I suspected the new coil being bad as it was running with the old one. I got the old coil and hooked it up, that"s when I saw my mistake. Live and learn, sometimes the hard way.:(