newer wheels on older truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine are off a 2011 Tahoe is what I was told. But I’m running 305/70/18’s or 35’s

You must be registered for see images attach

That looks great! I am not sure if they would look great on everything though - they just work with your set up.

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You guys finding these take-offs from dealers, Craigslist, someplace else? I like the 8-lug Duramax rims from 01-06 and they look good on older GMT400 Suburbans... but the ones I've found are either in bad shape or way too expensive. I've thought about aftermarket, but not worthwhile IMO to dump a lot in rims/tires into a $5000 truck.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You guys finding these take-offs from dealers, Craigslist, someplace else? I like the 8-lug Duramax rims from 01-06 and they look good on older GMT400 Suburbans... but the ones I've found are either in bad shape or way too expensive. I've thought about aftermarket, but not worthwhile IMO to dump a lot in rims/tires into a $5000 truck.

I'm not aware of any rim being particular to the Duramax trucks.... do you mean the PYO that people have been swapping forever? I'm seen more of those come up used and they're often pretty rough, but they're old rims now. You probably won't find new take-offs unless someone put them in their garage and forgot about them for decade or so.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan on going with a 2014 Silverado Wheel here at some point. Waiting for my buddy to buy his new set of wheels so I can take these off his hands. But I am 2 wheel drive so going to a 6 lug lug will be a little more complicated since i will want to do a disc brake conversion with possibly a 14 bolt.

Ive seen a few OBS's with this wheel and they look very good with a meaty tire.

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any rim being particular to the Duramax trucks.... do you mean the PYO that people have been swapping forever? I'm seen more of those come up used and they're often pretty rough, but they're old rims now. You probably won't find new take-offs unless someone put them in their garage and forgot about them for decade or so.

Yeah that's what I meant... not referring to those as "new" take offs necessarily, I was having two different thoughts there. ;) I have seen those rims in new reproduction form, but price tag was way too high.

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought my new take offs on facebook marketplace I got them for $850 which is a steal I priced out new tires for my original 16inch rims and I was looking at $800 to $890 for just tires!

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running 17 inch rims from a gmt800 on my gmt400 denali. No issues.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I've got a set of the factory aluminum wheels from the 2500HD GMT800 trucks (16x7 l think) that l got for a R2500 GMC burb l used to have. They were fine on it and l have seen them on some GMT400 's too. They do clear the 13" drums on the rear. These are the wheels with the little Allen bolts and the kidney shaped slots. Would like to sell them, l have a set of 5 in good condition if anyone is interested....