newer wheels on older truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stock meaning off YOUR Denali. But I have zilch experience with GMT 800 or Denali’s.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2015 GMC Denali rims on my 97, and 2007 alloys on my 98 yukon ( off right now cause she hit something and cracked one) have 2003 steels on it right now

You must be registered for see images attach

Shorty01GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 lug...

Currently running rep 2011+ 2500hd wheels on 35” toyo

I have a set of chrome h2 wheels with chrome gmc center caps and chrome h2 caps... they need a new home

5 wheels 17” 8x6.5
5 35-12.5r17 tires...

99SUB4X4

Reaction score
I just put these on a few weeks ago 2019 Silverado 18inch new take offs, still not sure if I like them or not.

What size tire did those wheels come with? Any fitment or rubbing issues? Speedometer change? Thanks! Looks great!

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What size tire did those wheels come with? Any fitment or rubbing issues? Speedometer change? Thanks! Looks great!
They came with a 265/65/18, No rubbing at all I can fully crank the wheel both ways without any issues. They fit great you just have to buy a full set of the newer long lug nuts for them to work but you can buy them at any auto part store. And no the speedometer did not change since the height of this tire is exactly the same height as the factory tire that was on the truck. That's the main reason why I liked this combination so much I could just bolt them on and not have to worry about any issues.

99SUB4X4

Reaction score
They came with a 265/65/18, No rubbing at all I can fully crank the wheel both ways without any issues. They fit great you just have to buy a full set of the newer long lug nuts for them to work but you can buy them at any auto part store. And no the speedometer did not change since the height of this tire is exactly the same height as the factory tire that was on the truck. That's the main reason why I liked this combination so much I could just bolt them on and not have to worry about any issues.

Awesome! I see several new sets on Craig's and I think they look great. My '99 Suburban has the same wheels as your profile pic and I've never liked them. Thanks for the info!!

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you guys with 18" and 20" take-offs notice any difference in ride quality, compared to the 16" stock size? Curious if less rubber sidewall area would create a harsher ride at all.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you guys with 18" and 20" take-offs notice any difference in ride quality, compared to the 16" stock size? Curious if less rubber sidewall area would create a harsher ride at all.
I think my 20s have a better feel than the 16" and 17"s I've had on it. Not that I would say softer ride but more nimble and responsive . I run 35-40psi in my lt tires when I'm not hauling anything and that makes it a nice ride. In short can't tell any negative with running bigger rims.