Newbie Check-in and Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

karitoki

Reaction score
I was going to ask what the story is about freeze plug leaking...

Should be pretty easy to spot the source of your leak with most of engine open like that.

On that photo I posted you can see the silicone squeeze out on the rear of the intake manifold. I believe that silicone contains the engine oil? But water leaks are also possible on either side of the intake and run down the engine block. I've seen guy here having that issue.

That a photo by another member! :)

karitoki

Reaction score
While trying to pull the power steering pulley the lip on the pulley started to fail. Had to get caveman on it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karitoki

Reaction score
Quick question: I’m shopping around for the MPFI upgrade, and Rock Auto has them for $282.79, but I’m seeing them on EBay for less than $200.00. They have the same setup as the upgrades with controls at the tips. Can someone share their experience purchasing theirs?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve used the Delco (which appears to be the same as the Delphi since it had Delphi stamped on some of the components) and had no issues.

There are always exceptions, but there is no way that I’d use any no-name brand on these. Aftermarket parts are way too hit or miss these days and you get what you pay for. My two cents, lol.

karitoki

Reaction score
This is the bolt on the back of the passenger side manifold that holds the bracket that supports the cable bundle and shares mounting with the ignition coil. The mounting not is 5/8ths and the outer nut that secures that bracket and a ground is 15mm. Can’t make this up!

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm glad you found the leak and engine doesn't have to come out.

The MPFI I bought was the BWD brand from AAP. I had to do mine over the weekend and had to get them locally. The BWD looks just like the AC Delco and the Delphi one. There's another brand from RA that also looks the same, but can't remember the name at the moment.

On the intake manifold gaskets, get the ones that have the metal layers. They are made by Felpro and are around $65 locally if I recall. Avoid the ones that are all plastic-looking.