Newbie Check-in and Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

karitoki

Reaction score
I set the crank to top dead center, and confirmed it with the rotor, but I didn’t mark the bottom of the distributor so I’ll probably have to redo the timing when put it back. Another thing to learn (sigh).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karitoki

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure this manifold has been removed before judging by the sloppy RTV work.
You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They'll be able to clean it or check for cracks at the machine shop. Especially if there was water in the system before you pulled it. My dad use to pour water in our radiator. Never knew better but know days I wish he would of just drained the system and refill it with coolant. When I do something with my block I want to see if theres any cracks. Hoping not. But after 425kmiles wouldnt surprise me especially with the internal walls having some corrosion

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That doesn’t look good. Corrosion by the front coolant ports. Thoughts?

I remember having a bit pitting on mine as well, but not this bad. Can you overlay the gasket to see where the rubber part is in relation to pitting?

Probably add a bit RTV sealant at this spot? It's probably not a big deal...

karitoki

Reaction score
I was thinking about laying down gasket material after cleaning really good, then level it off with a razor blade.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure this manifold has been removed before judging by the sloppy RTV work.

Was that gasket the all-plastic one? It looks like it. I hope you ordered the Felpro #MS 98000 T and not the #MS 90131...

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
This is the bolt on the back of the passenger side manifold that holds the bracket that supports the cable bundle and shares mounting with the ignition coil. The mounting not is 5/8ths and the outer nut that secures that bracket and a ground is 15mm. Can’t make this up!

That 5/8 is probably a 16mm. They're very close. 16mm does show up occasionally on GM s.