New Tailights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is an old thread but reminded me I need to order some of these! Cowlboy, I went on stylintrucks and their **** is just straight up confusing. Half the time the picture of the product you click on has a million different types but not even the original tail light you clicked on in the picture :think: and alot of their products have no image, so you don't even really know what you're getting. Don't like that. On ebay now, found these for 1/2 the price they are on stylin trucks lol Don't order from there any more unless you like wasting $$$! Guys, if I order the LED's is there any special wiring i'll have to do or do I just plug them in and go? If modifications need to be made I'm just gonna order regular bulb tails.

Bout to grab a can of vht nightshades and practice on my stock tails, that'll help me decide if I want to tint the new ones.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
fasrnu, you've had two sets of these LED ones just like the OP's?

Right now I'm trying to decide between the LED ones and they also have some really clean NON LED ones...
NON LED $75

LED $120
:hmm:
If anyone can tell me if there's any wiring/modifications involved with the LED's it will help narrow my decision. I'm sure there's some splicing to do into the orig. harness correct?

Also trying to find a good Red/Clear LED 3rd brake light but everyone has to make them that ricey clear with all kinds of crazyness going on. Atleast that's how they all are on ebay if you search 88-98 3rd brake light.

Cowlboy the new ones obviously are 100000x better but I noticed you need to cut the ends of your U-bolts so they don't hang down and look like poo :D

Last edited:

fasrnu

Reaction score
No wire mods at all both sets i had were LED and plugged right into the factory plug. beats the **** out of replacing the light boards all the time. Got my 3rd brake light on my 97 off ebay kinda looks like a clear stock one with 4 LEDs where the brake light is and regular bulbs for the bed light

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they plug into the stock harness. maybe i didnt tell yall yet but my leds got stolen off my truck in bright ass day light while at work. this is wat im reppin for now.
STOCKERS they look fresh but they just dont stand out like the leds did:bawl:
You must be registered for see images attach