New Guy Victoria BC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trevorf

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Been looking around here for a few days and decided to post. I am not very knowledgeable about customizing these trucks but I know what I like....truth be told motorcycles are more my thing.
That being said I have a truck that I love...1996 GMC 2500 extended cab two wheel drive...bought it 10 years ago for $3200 it's been a great truck to haul bikes around in....I've been thinking about spending some money on it and that came to a head when my wife recently put a nice size dent in the box behind the cab....the truck was lifted when I bought it and I want to lower it....I have a local shop with a good reputation doing the work....they are suggesting 3-4 drop...but looking here is that even a thing? Lol...
After it's dropped I will be painting the entire truck, likely keeping it the same two tone colours....
I want to buy new trim, tail lights, mouldings etc....going to spend some money I know...lol but I like my truck.
Question...getting it lowered that much, how is the useability affected? Hauling bikes...daily driver etc..
Cheers and I'm looking forward to learning from you guys.
Here it is

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!
Another clean rust-free Canuck truck. (Shhh...don't tell anybody what these trucks are like here! Don't want those rust-belters figuring it out. :893karatesmiley-thu)

A 3/4 will still have that kicked-in-the-butt stink-bug stance, although it won't be as apparent with the longer wheel base when compared to an RCSB.
Certainly better than the factory ride height.
Is that bit of tilt the look you're going for? A classic HotRod/Musclecar look.
Or are you thinking more about still being able to carry a decent load & still be somewhat low?
A couple of bikes is no biggie for a 3/4 ton. The suspension isn't going to sag very much under that kinda weight.

Sooo...as much as it pains me to say this...

(deep breath. in/out/in/out/in...hold it...slow exhale...phew...Ho.Kay.)

...I think that a 2/4 would be a good look.
(Ouch. That hurt.)
You'd still be able to carry a load, (Much more than couple of bikes.) the truck would still have that bit of a rake and it would make for an easier front drop.
The rear is already gonna be a bee-itch of a job. Why add to the frustration? Lol!
On the front drop...
For a 2", it's either short springs or dropped spindles.
For a 3", it's both.
How is the shop going about getting that 3"?
Spindles & aftermarket short springs?
Spindles & cut springs?
Drop pocket LCA's + A/M short springs or cut springs?
Dropped LCA's + spindles? (Not a good idea.)

These truck ride level with a 3" diff front to rear.
1/4, 4/7, 5/8 etc.

Trevorf

Reaction score
I am into old Suzuki's mostly....I currently have 7 bikes
2022 Suzuki GSXS1000GT (Got is new in May and already have 23,000kms on it)
2020 Suzuki DR650 with a ton of mods
2012 BMW K1300R
1983 Suzuki GS750ED
1982 Suzuki GS1100E
1980 Suzuki GS750E
And my pride and joy....1980 Suzuki GS1000S! AKA Wes Cooley Replica

You must be registered for see images attach