New guy 88 RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!
All C1500 400's after '91 used the larger 1.250 rotors.
'88-'91 owners can upgrade to the larger rotors, but they have to use the later model spindles. The spud is longer for that additional thickness.
I'd say you need the later model spindles.
BellTech spindles (& their various derivatives) will push out the track width by about 3/4" each side. They were designed in a time when a 17" wheel was considered BIG, so that extra track width was to help with wheel/LCA clearances.
Something to take into account when ordering wheels. That extra width can be adjusted for via the wheel offset.
DJM spindles don't push the track width.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Thanks @sewlow I was aware of the push out. I've read some many threads about wheel offset. I really want to run the American racing vn507, they only have a zero offset and have been told I'll need to roll my fender lips. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I think when I repaint the truck I'll cut the lips and weld a small rod around the lips if I have to. So many threads where guys don't post offsets or which kit/spindles they are running, it's kind of annoying. I ran into this when I got back into seadoo's. Guys were rebuilding/restoring them and not posting pics, details, supplies, tricks on how to do stuff. So when I started doing it guys couldn't believe all the info I was sharing. It started s bunch of guys into the resto band wagon and guys were restoring some legit stuff. I would buy them that were sitting neglected for years and bringing them back to life.

This was there last one I finished. It was hammered. Just about everything is NOS on it. I even hand traced the decals and had a guy re-replicate then so they were all closer to original as possible.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There is a wheel offset thread on here somewhere.
I have 4 different sets of wheels that fit these trucks & 3 of them are OEM.
My 20's, I told the guy what I had when I ordered them & he handled all the rest.
I've never really had the need to know about offsets! Lol!
I rolled the lips on my '98 years ago. They do occasionally slightly rub. Usually at slow parking lot speeds when turning tight & going over a dip or a bump such as a speed bump.
The spot they rub the most is the lower rear of the wheel well/firewall. (The spot that the bagged guys will cut out & box.)
Even then, it only occurs at speed & when the suspension fully compresses. Whoop-de-doo dips, etc.
Doesn't do any damage to the truck or the tires. Makes a terrible 'bzzzttt' noise. A little disconcerting the first couple of times. Takes the paint/undercoating off.
I also ground of any bolt ends that extend into the wheel well from the engine compartment side.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Ha, funny you have Homer as your avatar. My daughter has nicknamed the truck Krusty, as in the clown. It has stuck so, I drive a clown car.

Lmao, I mostly made that meme to harass the guys who always whine cause they can’t understand fuel injection and say they are gonna go with a carburetor instead lol.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Welcome!
All C1500 400's after '91 used the larger 1.250 rotors.
'88-'91 owners can upgrade to the larger rotors, but they have to use the later model spindles. The spud is longer for that additional thickness.
I'd say you need the later model spindles.
BellTech spindles (& their various derivatives) will push out the track width by about 3/4" each side. They were designed in a time when a 17" wheel was considered BIG, so that extra track width was to help with wheel/LCA clearances.
Something to take into account when ordering wheels. That extra width can be adjusted for via the wheel offset.
DJM spindles don't push the track width.
Ok, so here's the big question then. If I were to buy DJM spindles, I assume that would make it better for the 0 offset wheels. They look to be roughly $200ish for the pair. My buddy might be able to pick them up cheaper possibly and I could try and sell my Belltech spindles for $200 shipped, or have a pair of matching boat anchors.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Lmao, I mostly made that meme to harass the guys who always whine cause they can’t understand fuel injection and say they are gonna go with a carburetor instead lol.
Lol, I clicked on it and saw that. While mine doesn't run 100% yet, I sure do love the injection. I used to swear by carbs, then you get a little savvy with electronics and all of a sudden, injection is so much more reliable.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Ok, so here's the big question then. If I were to buy DJM spindles, I assume that would make it better for the 0 offset wheels. They look to be roughly $200ish for the pair. My buddy might be able to pick them up cheaper possibly and I could try and sell my Belltech spindles for $200 shipped, or have a pair of matching boat anchors.

Sounds like a good plan.