New guy 88 RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
One more ride in the bead blaster. Just softened all the stamped edges off the lower control arm. Will be so much nicer to work around. I notoriously lose a few layers of skin on those edges.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Shake and Bake

These lower control arms don't fit in my oven in my shop. Had to go to my grandmom's house to use her oven. Don't worry, she passed years ago, but her house is right next door to my parents and no one uses this oven, lol.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Shake and Bake

These lower control arms don't fit in my oven in my shop. Had to go to my grandmom's house to use her oven. Don't worry, she passed years ago, but her house is right next door to my parents and no one uses this oven, lol.

That is the prettiest 2wd control arm I have ever seen....

Dravec

Reaction score
Thanks man. I just hate the look of new parts on old parts, I love rehabbing stuff. It's a sickness I've been told.

I totally agree on making stuff look as good as possible. Can't wait to completely redo everything on my K2500 Burb. But I'll need a new daily before I can do that. And some of the stuff on the Burb can't wait that long.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
I totally agree on making stuff look as good as possible. Can't wait to completely redo everything on my K2500 Burb. But I'll need a new daily before I can do that. And some of the stuff on the Burb can't wait that long.
Lol, I bought this because I always wanted one, but it's secretly keeping the miles off my 2017 GTI. It all takes time to get it done. When it's your daily the downtime sucks. I'm not looking forward to the time the truck is gonna be down while I do all this work. The GTI is addictive to drive so as soon as I get back into the saddle of it I'm gonna be hooked again.

Dravec

Reaction score
Lol, I bought this because I always wanted one, but it's secretly keeping the miles off my 2017 GTI. It all takes time to get it done. When it's your daily the downtime sucks. I'm not looking forward to the time the truck is gonna be down while I do all this work. The GTI is addictive to drive so as soon as I get back into the saddle of it I'm gonna be hooked again.

I spent about 5 years looking for this Burb, due to me have a very strict set of "wants" for her. One of which (E55 tailgate and lift glass) was exceptionally rare, and I also wasn't willing to compromise on 4x4. Hence the long search time. I'm hooked on GMT400s. They are *insert super addictive drug here* for me. :anitoof::anitoof:

I either have to rebuild a one of my other projects for daily duty, or get something else. And I can't stand 99.9% of new (read: 2001 and newer) junk.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
I spent about 5 years looking for this Burb, due to me have a very strict set of "wants" for her. One of which (E55 tailgate and lift glass) was exceptionally rare, and I also wasn't willing to compromise on 4x4. Hence the long search time. I'm hooked on GMT400s. They are *insert super addictive drug here* for me. :anitoof::anitoof:

I either have to rebuild a one of my other projects for daily duty, or get something else. And I can't stand 99.9% of new (read: 2001 and newer) junk.
Yeah, my favorite truck so far was my 97 Yukon. I loved that thing. Started driving it with 55k on it, parked it with 212k. Starts and runs so smooth, still. It's parked in the side yard, I just can't let it go. Now I have this truck and am hooked on it. I had a few square bodies and just my size (6'-2")..... They just don't fit me. I can't get comfy. These trucks I can just jelly out and get comfy. The Yukon I could get stupid relaxed in that drivers seat.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a pretty looking lower control arm? Go figure, the ball joint I can press in with my fingers. You have to be effing kidding me. Guess I'll call Moog tomorrow. Supposedly the problem solvers are a little oversized for some vehicles. I wonder if I could grind the powder coat back and just tig weld them in a few places. Anything else goes wrong and I'm going pre runner and lifting this thing and putting big tires on it. This sucks.