New guy 88 RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
So, Belltech is zero help. Call this morning guy basically said the 88-91 spindles are all the same. Tried saying I have the F44 HD brake option from the factory. Crickets...…Disgusted I just told the guy I'll go buy someone else's brand. Got the best of me and I called tonight. Finally got a dude that kinda cared to at least go research. Low and behold...yeah you need the 2500 part # spindles for the HD brakes. But were out of them and I can't do a partial return, go back to your supplier. Texted my buddy who bought the kit and told him I want the DJM spindles and he said he might have the Belltech one sold possibly. Told him to find out the cost of the DJM's and get that amount for the BT ones. Sooooooooo, I might be back in action and with better spindles to fit wheels with. Switched ball joints and this one fits a little tighter, I can't install it with my fingers now.

Insert Quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just saw this, and it's after powder coating, but if it were mine I'd appreciate someone asking so here goes:

Isn't the hole for the sway bar end-link supposed to be round? I was under the impression that as the rubber wears out it lets the bolt hit the metal and overtime cut that notch in the control arm. Maybe there's an easier fix but I had to weld mine and re-drill it to fix that.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
I just saw this, and it's after powder coating, but if it were mine I'd appreciate someone asking so here goes:

Isn't the hole for the sway bar end-link supposed to be round? I was under the impression that as the rubber wears out it lets the bolt hit the metal and overtime cut that notch in the control arm. Maybe there's an easier fix but I had to weld mine and re-drill it to fix that.
Yes, it's supposed to be round. So the hardware I took out I don't think was correct. Or, Moog updated it to address this. Not sure. So the lower nut has a sleeve that goes thru the bushing and thru the lower control arm. I don't think it will be an issue. If it is I'll just make a stainless spacer on the lathe and call it fixed. I thought about welding it up. I'm also not sure if I'm using those lower arms. I'm not really thrilled with the lower ball joint fitment. I think it should be a little tighter but I could be thinking to much about it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Insert Quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a pretty looking lower control arm? Go figure, the ball joint I can press in with my fingers. You have to be effing kidding me. Guess I'll call Moog tomorrow. Supposedly the problem solvers are a little oversized for some vehicles. I wonder if I could grind the powder coat back and just tig weld them in a few places. Anything else goes wrong and I'm going pre runner and lifting this thing and putting big tires on it. This sucks.

I used MOOG K6293 ball joints. They pressed in a little easier than I'd like, definitely not by hand, if I remember correctly they had about a 0.015" press fit.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
I used MOOG K6293 ball joints. They pressed in a little easier than I'd like, definitely not by hand, if I remember correctly they had about a 0.015" press fit.
Cool, I'll measure up after work. I swapped in my other ball joint and it was tighter. So I'll check that out tonight. But I think I'm going to tack weld them to the arm and call it a day. Probably overly cautious.

Last edited:

Racerxxx

Reaction score
DJM spindles have arrived. Waiting on some fresh powder to arrive so I can do the other lower control arm. I'm gonna have to powder the spindles too. They're already rusting. Guess they have been on Summits shelves a while. Getting itchy to start this project but have to wait until everything is in order and looking good.