New Frame, looking for opinions and options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After years of searching I finally found one and when I got there it was what I expected. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure too much of the rear end suspension will stay, but the frame is straight and rust free, the body mounts are better then any other frame I have looked at and its exactly what I need for a starting point. Having only 4WD suspension knowledge I have a lot of learning to do, but with the help of the forum I am hoping to have the frame swap done in 24 months. EDIT: Also I only paid 300 for it as it sits, with wheels and tires, less than any other frame I looked at and damn solid condition for the Midwest. I am open to all opinions and options positive or negative.

My questions are:
1. Welds are decent at best, but is the basic geometry and set up useable?

2. If it looks like crap where should i go to start my learning, I came from a 4x4 so sorry for the lack of knowledge.

3. Are these links and parts all custom made or any one know their manufacturer?

4. What would you do with the rear end suspension?

THANKS!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like home built to me. The pieces of diamond plate in the upper spring pockets are not something I would expect from an engineered part. Not a bad thing and without driving it hard to say how good it works. Looks like converting to air ride would be easy.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
I'm concerned about the rear suspension in regards to the box mounting. It looks like some of the custom pieces are higher than the box floor, suggesting that you are going to lose bed space and have to modify yours to make it fit. IMO, that's not something you want to do to your bed if it's in good shape.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is definitely home built. The guy i bought it from said his uncle was building it for a drag truck and lost interest. The welds on it aren't awful, I have definitely seen worse. My question is the mounting of the current shocks and springs and my thought was if I could delete them and go to coilovers with the current set up.

jbreshears

Reaction score
What year truck are you putting it on? How low are you wanting to go? Message me and I’ll give you my number and give you a run down of what you will need to do