New fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I not sure If I like those or the stock flares better.

The only difference I see is that stocks are painted and his aint. :think:

You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
His flares are a little more rounded and they don't have the flat edge toward the wheel well of the flares.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah they're the same thing. These, like my tow mirrors are the type things that I don't care if they are real OEM or not. How OEM can plastic be? I know oe may fit better especially on body panels and the like but the flares look fine to me! Why pay $3-400 for a set?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha I guess I can see what you mean. I didn't really look that hard at them but it may just be an illusion with his taken further out and not as good as dirty's plus his being painted you can really see the outline of them better instead of black on black on black lol

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
His flares are a little more rounded and they don't have the flat edge toward the wheel well of the flares.

These 2 pictures are pretty much the same angle and I don't see a difference that is noticeable. But who knows I'm on my phone right now and if I look at it on a bigger screen I may see one but I doubt it.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually I can see what he means by the rounder edges. Yours come to little more of a point meeting the body. Tiny detail, tiny difference. Not a deal breaker.

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're very slightly different but not by much. Perfect for me. Like others have said, I wasn't about to pay hundreds more for OEM for that tiny difference. BTW, most OEMs I've seen and owned are flat black. I've seen very few that are body color painted.

One other note, these "P.U. Technology" eBay flares appear to be painted flat black and are actually gloss black underneath. Go figure.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Oe fits a little better and are slightly different but unless they are side by side who is really gonna notice or pay attention to them that close? And as sublo said the plastic on these are gloss black bout have been sprayed flat or slmethin of the likes

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Now that I am on a computer I can see the difference yall are talking about and your right it is definitely not worth spending hundreds more on oem flares.

BTW, most OEMs I've seen and owned are flat black. I've seen very few that are body color painted.

That's weird around here the only 400's with flatblack flares are usually white suburbans and all the other trucks and suvs have colormatched ones.