new exhaust = LOUD!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When i got the truck it has a SI/DO flowmaster 40 i think, and the cat had been removed. Well it wasnt loud enough so i had the flowmaster cut off and made my exhaust true dual straight pipes. Its stupid loud! Ill take a video later if my camera will pick up the sound good. I dont recomend this to anyone if cops in your town are strict on loud exhuast. It doesnt really have a good sound so i think im gonna run some 24" glasspacks next. Just thought i would share

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you'll really like the sound a lot better with Glasspacks, just remember the longer the case length the smoother the tone will be in general. True dual straight pipes might be a little loud for a DD lol

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its really loud for a DD lol. so which glasspacks would be loudest?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I ran straights on my 98 for 3 or 4 months, hell yes it's loud. I liked the sound so much better when my flowmasters were on.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its really loud for a DD lol. so which glasspacks would be loudest?

In general the the shorter the case length the louder there going to be. For example a 12" glasspack is going to be quite a bit louder then a 24" glasspack.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm running no cats and 24 inch cherry bomb glass packs super cheap and I love it!

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope they were clogged so I took them out.

then you know what i mean! this thing cackles and pops so loud it aint funny! supposed to be selling some wheels tommarow so maybe i can get some cheapo glasspacks put on it.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would take flowmasters anyday over glasspacks now, they just pop and crackle too much. If you dump the glasspacks no tailpipes or tips they aint too bad, they got a nice deep and loud sound to them with little to no crackle and pop. I like cherry bomb extremes they are cheap, deep and just like a flowmaster but louder.