New daily Suburban drop and wheel questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
That looks quite familiar.....the VIN report I got on my pewter '99 Burb (current one, previous one was same color) said that they made 283,000+ '99 C1500 Burbs, and over 91,000 are this color. The 1999 model year ran several months longer than normal so they could use up all the old style parts. My Burb was built August 30, '99 which normally would have been the next model year.
Sharp looking Burb though, the color sets off the chrome nicely.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
This is a little experience. When I bought my 03 NBS Tahoe in 08? It came with aftermarket 22s. And braked and drive fine. But when I put a set of GMC 20s on it, I dropped about half a second 0 to 60 amd at least 20-30 feet off my 60 - 0 despite being a slightly narrower tire.

yes I have 22s on the dually amd I find myself driving and avoiding potholes, debris, expansion joints, anything irregular in pavement etc etc on my daily commute just like I did with my wagon on 19s… whil3 my wife can just roll thru things with her taller sidewall tires on the Atlas.

as a result for a DD, I have to suggest 20s as the better all around choice… plus they are easier to find tires for in podunk BFE on a road trip If you did have one get damaged.

edit:
also keep in mind different brands have different sodewall stiffnesses even if same size, I’ve found continentAl’s to be the softest sidewall, while Bridgestone potenza are some of the stiffest.

so if your suspension feels soft maybe choos3 a harder sidewall / 22 diameter wheel amd if it seems stiff the maybe a 20 with a softer sidewall?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That looks quite familiar.....the VIN report I got on my pewter '99 Burb (current one, previous one was same color) said that they made 283,000+ '99 C1500 Burbs, and over 91,000 are this color. The 1999 model year ran several months longer than normal so they could use up all the old style parts. My Burb was built August 30, '99 which normally would have been the next model year.
Sharp looking Burb though, the color sets off the chrome nicely.
My wife calls them "Suburban-colored Suburbans" as yes, there were a LOT of them made that color!

I'm still cruising ads for C2500 versions and it's so hard finding the color combos I'm cool with. The pewter ones look nice but they're not for me.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just got done with our family cruiser.
Front is 3in djm arms with one cut coil on factory spring with djm shocks.
Rear is complete djm kit, nothing fancy. I run the djm 2100 shock on the right side and the djm 1405 on the left with shock extenders. I have helper bags and compressor for the rear so I can use it it tow my boat or car hauler.
Front tires are 225/70/15
Rear tires are 275/60/15
The rear wheels have a slightly deeper offset but all four are 7in wide.

It’s a lot lower than I expected it be which is ok, we have good roads around here in north ftw area.
Guess I'd never seen the fullsize pics of your Suburban til stumbling across this. Perfect ride height and good tire fill in the wheelwells. The color matched steelies are nice too with those Astro van caps. I'd be tempted to put trim rings on but that's me. Your ride looks great!

Richard

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guess I'd never seen the fullsize pics of your Suburban til stumbling across this. Perfect ride height and good tire fill in the wheelwells. The color matched steelies are nice too with those Astro van caps. I'd be tempted to put trim rings on but that's me. Your ride looks great!

Richard
Thank you sir, it’s has been a fun little project. It definitely gets a lot of looks, even more than our newer truck that has stuff done to it. Check out the build thread, some neat stuff in it. I made stickers for the inside of the center caps to cover the gmc.