New daily Suburban drop and wheel questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol your right sir. I have too much as it is
Go brush up on your man code. If someone says that you instantly become automatically obligated to do it!:anitoof:
And too much? What does that even mean? I've got a pewter 2wd 400 burb that needs a motor, trans, and seats that I can bring you when you're done with my dually. Be perfect for one of your LS/manual swaps....

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go brush up on your man code. If someone says that you instantly become automatically obligated to do it!:anitoof:
And too much? What does that even mean? I've got a pewter 2wd 400 burb that needs a motor, trans, and seats that I can bring you when you're done with my dually. Be perfect for one of your LS/manual swaps....
We can do it.

Ight let me rephrase that. I don't got anywhere to park the next ex project lol

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Have searched but haven't seen a ton of info. Picking up a 99 Suburban 2wd for a new daily and wanting to get it dropped and some wheels.

Looking at the DJM 4/5 kit and either some 20s or 22s. Looking for input on tire size recommendations.
You must be registered for see images attach
So I terms of wheel size I went with 20” vs 22” but I also live where the roads can/are bomb the bleep out!! Michigan roads are terrible smh but with the way the suspension is set on these having a bit more rubber/air/sidewall underneath you or between you and the road is a good thing. Part of the suspension is the tires on these as in majority of vehicles but these 400’s were never intended for huge wheels so if you want to save some ride quality go with 20’s or 18’s could be a great option too! But if your roads are nice everywhere then you lots of less worrying of jacking up wheels if you went with a 22” . The width also helps out a lot too. But as I mentioned to another 400er get wheels first put them on then decide if you want to lower it down it may just end up sitting right without anything and you’ll know what you can end up doing since you have the wheels on already and make actual adjustments vs hypothetical ones that you may end up with different wheels or tires they both make a difference. here’s mine before and after pics no adjustments just put wheels on that’s it.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
I bought these wheels off eBay for $700 $190 of it was shipping! And as far as sidewall stiffness go with what is closer to stock stiffness too stiff and you’ll feel like you’re riding on solid rubber tires!!! Not much give that was the mistake I made buying the tires in pic with stock wheels way too stiff!! Rode horribly like whoa what’s going on! It actually rides better now with bigger wheels. Tires now are pirelli’s scorpion plus’ very nice tires but wish they had just a bit more grip in snow but they are quiet riding on. I may switch back to hankooks atm’s after these since those were excellent tires both are great choices but are all terrains. You have any pics of wheels your looking at buying that your deciding between on?

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might look into the nitto 420v I run them in a 22 on a gmt900. Daily driver lowered tow pig. Great tire for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers