New daily Suburban drop and wheel questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrkSide

Reaction score
Have searched but haven't seen a ton of info. Picking up a 99 Suburban 2wd for a new daily and wanting to get it dropped and some wheels.

Looking at the DJM 4/5 kit and either some 20s or 22s. Looking for input on tire size recommendations.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
How are the roads you're going to be driving it on? I would love to have a 4/6 drop on my Burb, but that would be risky on many of the roads we have to drive on. I'll probably go for a 2/4 eventually....but other things are more of a priority.
You got a clean looking Burb though, welcome to the forum!

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got done with our family cruiser.
Front is 3in djm arms with one cut coil on factory spring with djm shocks.
Rear is complete djm kit, nothing fancy. I run the djm 2100 shock on the right side and the djm 1405 on the left with shock extenders. I have helper bags and compressor for the rear so I can use it it tow my boat or car hauler.
Front tires are 225/70/15
Rear tires are 275/60/15
The rear wheels have a slightly deeper offset but all four are 7in wide.

It’s a lot lower than I expected it be which is ok, we have good roads around here in north ftw area.

Last edited:

DrkSide

Reaction score
How are the roads you're going to be driving it on? I would love to have a 4/6 drop on my Burb, but that would be risky on many of the roads we have to drive on. I'll probably go for a 2/4 eventually....but other things are more of a priority.
You got a clean looking Burb though, welcome to the forum!
Roads are decent but not great. Don't know that the 4/6 would be an issue but definitely leaning towards a set of 20s just so I can get some more meat on them.

Just got done with our family cruiser.
<snip>
That thing looks great. Definitely makes me think about doing some rally style wheels.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A 245/40/20 is the same height as my 225/70/15. There is a white Tahoe on the us mags website on 20s and it is running a 4/6 drop. It has 245/40 and 275/40 on the rear.
Another thing if you want to run a 4in or more drop on a obs I would try and stay away from drop spindles but that’s just my opinion. I like control arms because they don’t push the wheels out, less rubbing issues, don’t have to trim factory LCA to run 15s or your spare wheel, and they come with new bushings and ball joints which is probably needed since these trucks are getting older.

Last edited: