Need some grounding help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need help locating the interior grounds, I believe they're under the dash. The issue I'm having is power door lock and window switches don't work, and they kill the gauges like a crazy power draw. You also hear the middle blower relay behind the glove box click. Turning on headlights kills speedo and tach. Dash warning lights are reversed (turn signal arrows stay on until you activate them, etc.) Truck runs and drives great, engine and body grounds under the hood are fine. Body measures 0.3 ohm to battery negative. I just need help finding the grounds for the interior systems.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a random black wire with a ring terminal that had come loose. Hooked it back up and we're good.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to hear, glad you're back up and running. Where was it?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Tiny

Reaction score
I found a random black wire with a ring terminal that had come loose. Hooked it back up and we're good.
Can you show me where that was? I'm having almost exactly the same problems you describe and Ican't find the terminal.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you show me where that was? I'm having almost exactly the same problems you describe and Ican't find the terminal.

I think it was under the dash, somewhat near the steering column. I don't have the truck and I'm not sure when I will again as we're waiting on a crankshaft.