NO CRANK NO START

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bealszac

Reaction score
So recently I went to go change the injector presure regulator on my 99 5.7 vortec. Went thre pulled the upper manifold and got under to put everything in. After putting everything back together and bolting the upper intake back down I get a NO crank no start. Battery is good when the key is on all lights are on the dash when I turn the key to crank they all go off but the shifter light. I checked all my ground had my battery and started tested. There may be somthing I'm missing but I'm annoyed and need help please and thank you.

Attachments

• 20231226_155111.jpg
    20231226_155111.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20231226_155148.jpg
    20231226_155148.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 10

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like loss of power. Recheck connections. Check the battery terminal ends for corrosion inside the rubber covers on the stock wires as well.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The photo with the " key in on position" looks like less than 12 volts? What's your battery voltage key off?
You can get a voltage indication, but if the battery load wires/ cables are full of corrosion they won't carry current, " no amps to crank". You tested starter, checks good . Did you test battery = load test ?

bealszac

Reaction score
The photo with the " key in on position" looks like less than 12 volts? What's your battery voltage key off?
You can get a voltage indication, but if the battery load wires/ cables are full of corrosion they won't carry current, " no amps to crank". You tested starter, checks good . Did you test battery = load test ?
Battery was low due to trying to see if it was the pass/immobilizer I hooked a jump box to it and got 12.3v tried that it didn't do anything pulled the battery out of my truck and tried and still nothing. I figured I screwed something up getting to the injector regulator.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hooked a jump box to it and got 12.3v
12.3 is pretty horrible if you had a jump-pack connected. That's about half-dead. A fully-charged battery should show 12.6--12.7 volts AFTER it's been disconnected from the charger for at least an hour, maybe longer.

The battery--AND the jump pack--need to be charged.

But that may not fix the no-crank problem.