Need New Oil Pan...Is one better than the other??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, one of the previous owners made a failed attempt at installing an oil temp gauge in the oil pain. Now that hole which is poorly plugged is leaking. So my question is what replacement pan is the best? Looking at Rock Auto there's around a hand full of choices. How do I know which one is the best value? Also looking at oil pan gaskets. I know I've heard good things about FelPro. Is that the brand to go with or is there another brand I should use?

I've got a couple other oil leaks as well but one thing at a time :lol:

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Hm,I just did the trans temp gauge mod to my burb,'cept mine don't leak :waytogo:

I went to Pick A Part and got one to experiment with,the original is still in great shape & unmolested.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hm,I just did the trans temp gauge mod to my burb,'cept mine don't leak :waytogo:

I went to Pick A Part and got one to experiment with,the original is still in great shape & unmolested.

Yeah, it wasn't my fail. Seems like a previous owner didn't know what he was doing so now I'm going back and fixing their mess ups