Need a pro to Diagnose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan Moilanen

Reaction score
So I have a 99 k1500, 5.7 my truck one day just quit on me while driving.. I have replaced battery, cap, rotor, plugs, wires Are good, new crankshaft pos sensor, had the thing timed less than a year ago from a local shop, has compression I tested it almost 150 on all 8.. there is good fuel pressure.. I have an extra coil and icm swapped it out and still nothing.. I trying firing it up again today and it almost started for like a second but still nothing.. any direction would be awesome thanks in advance

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What happens when you try to start it? Does it crank and not start (missing fuel, spark and/or air) or just click or do nothing at all (charging/starter issue).

When you turn the ignition to ‘run’, does the ‘Security’ light flash a few times and then go off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you have compression, just need to verify fuel and spark. You have fuel pressure, did you make sure there is fuel injected while cranking?

Check for spark at the plugs?

Ryan Moilanen

Reaction score
So you have compression, just need to verify fuel and spark. You have fuel pressure, did you make sure there is fuel injected while cranking?

Check for spark at the plugs?
I took it to a shop at first I thought it was my fuel pump.. still under warranty but they did verify it was working

Ryan Moilanen

Reaction score
I took it to a shop at first I thought it was my fuel pump.. still under warranty but they did verify it was working
The shop told me to get a new cap and rotor... I had a non-acdelco brand cap and rotor, they said to get the acdelco one so I did, they said it was cross firing in the cap.. I installed new acdelco and still nothing