My new grand am DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As most of you I sold my pick up and got a car to drive back and forth to school. This wont be much of a build thread (more of a help me thread lol) as all I intend to do is repairs and maybe a sound system this summer. Anyway the car is a 2002 Grand am se 3.4L with 119000 miles, did a tune up with plugs, sea foam, oil change and fuel filter today. Tomorrow plan on starting some rust repair around the gas tank filler. Ill throw up some pictures tomorrow once its light out.

First question any advice on rust repair?

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well here is the damage from day one. The plan is to bondo and paint tomorrow if all go's well. In between the metal is a foam pad so im not sure how well the bondo will stick but we'll see I guess.

You must be registered for see images attach

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Putting bondo over rust is a waste of time. It'll eventually just fall off and you'll be back where you're at now but with more rust. As stated earlier, find a car that is solid in that spot, cut out the entire section around the gas door, and patch the good panel in.

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id just drive the wheels of that thing and give no effs about how it looks. Lol