My new to me, Corvette.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or find an off the shelf, I think Summit has a house brand oil with it, Joe Gibbs Driven oil is another, etc.
Come to think about it, Blue Print has a 10w - 30 dino oil with high zinc and phosphorus too. I'm running it in my stroker for 6,000 miles before I switch to Mobil1 but, it's a roller cam.
www.blueprintengines.com/products/blueprint-engines-10w30-engine-oil-1-quart-bpp10w30

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
1st of all - congrats, ought to be a fun ride.

As far as the flat tappet cam, that was 2 cams and a short block ago, ha ha. I went roller since then. Is yours a solid or hydraulic lifter cam? Back when I was running solid lifters I ran Valvoline 50w but, that was before they phased out ZDDP. On my truck I ran European spec Mobil1 0w-40, it has a little more Zinc and Phosphorus. Any racing oil will have more yet. Honestly, I can't recommend an oil that is guaranteed to keep your cam pristine.

Enjoy the new ride and, knowing you, save a couple bucks for tickets! ;)
Hyd lifter's, not solid.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you coming to the Corvette Invasion now?
LOL, not for a while. Where and when. Also, our whole state DMV, is down. No one can do anything, at any location in the state. This is the second day of this frickin Cr@p. I can't even drive my car. Oh well. What, you going to do.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL, not for a while. Where and when. Also, our whole state DMV, is down. No one can do anything, at any location in the state. This is the second day of this frickin Cr@p. I can't even drive my car. Oh well. What, you going to do.
you better off running no tag than a false one, Not going say how I know this. lol

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bastrop, TX. Probably not super far depending on where in LA you are.

https://corvetteinvasion.com/

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Lafayette. South Central of the state. Very south. I will have to look it up. Thanks for the info.
IIRC Lafayette is about 7 hours from Austin, Texas, but Bastrop is about an hour from Austin, on the Houston side. Been there many times, some of our family used to live near there.