Corvette Servo DISASTER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I changed in place using (iirc) a pry bar/small piece of wood and compressing just enough, then removing ring. Wouldn’t it being in place and stabilized be an advantage?

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
take a pair of channel locks/water pump pliers and you can try turning on the knob of the cover. at least you have a spare if you break yours. like I said, you can to stick a pick in the slot, pull the oring out enough to cut it. this will help a lot

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anyone know the bolt thread size for the front driveshaft to transfer case bolts? Theres 6 of them in a circle and ive managed to loose every single one of them

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anyone know the bolt thread size for the front driveshaft to transfer case bolts? Theres 6 of them in a circle and ive managed to loose every single one of them
SIX???

Are you talking about the DRIVESHAFT from the TRANSFER CASE, or the CV shafts from the front differential?

"Six bolts" sounds like CV shafts and front differential to me.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SIX???

Are you talking about the DRIVESHAFT from the TRANSFER CASE, or the CV shafts from the front differential?

"Six bolts" sounds like CV shafts and front differential to me.
The ones that attach to the transfer case, not the ones that to over the caps on the ujoint.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idk, got Deja'vu going on. Didn't all this start with a servo cover? It's in the truck, working, and has been for a test drive. Now can't find bolts? My better sense is telling me not to fix what isn't broke. Part of the story is missing.

Last edited:

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres a picture of the side I'm talking about. In a circle theres 6 bolt holes.
In this one I think theres only 4 but I believe mine has 6.

I was telling the full story. I have been driving the truck without the front driveshaft attached because I was too lazy to put it back on after putting the transmission in. This led to me losing the bolts somewhere lol.
You must be registered for see images attach