My K1500 DD Tow Pig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The list unfortunately includes some unexpected stuff, like finishing off a set of Napa semi-metallic pads in 13,000 miles with no warning.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

So now I have some of those fancy GG or HH Raybestos pads and a pair of AC Delco rotors with coated hats inbound.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I can't speak to the longevity of the pads yet, but I'm still impressed with the sets I've been running.

Does it make you want more rear braking? I'd downgraded to these Napa pads from some Hawk Performance ceramic pads. Those were some good pads. I was surprised with the decreased braking power up front that the rears didn't seem to overpower the truck. So I know for sure I want more out back with these up front.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
On my DD Tundra I think they are just fine, same with the '49. Still have a set to go on the K2500 Suburban, soon.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
13k miles?!?!?!
Your caliper sticking?

We'll see. But the other side wasn't that far behind if you look closely. I'd had them stinking pretty good with the trailer where the Hawks didn't stink in that situation. Never noticed any fade with them though.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We'll see. But the other side wasn't that far behind if you look closely. I'd had them stinking pretty good with the trailer where the Hawks didn't stink in that situation. Never noticed any fade with them though.
My the first set of powerstops I put on (Sep 19) only stunk when I initially bedded them in. They lasted only 15kmi with no towing.

With my second set (Jul 22) stink every once in a while with heavy braking.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats crazy.
I've got over 100k miles on my brakes and they still have almost 50% life left.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats crazy.
I've got over 100k miles on my brakes and they still have almost 50% life left.
My 97 van had a set of pads put on less than 20K, it had about 15K when it was purchased. I feel like the first owner was a two footed driver. The second set lasted until I changed to the 1 ton front calipers and hydroboost at about 80K.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it make you want more rear braking? I'd downgraded to these Napa pads from some Hawk Performance ceramic pads. Those were some good pads. I was surprised with the decreased braking power up front that the rears didn't seem to overpower the truck. So I know for sure I want more out back with these up front.
That is weird, because I am thinking of putting smaller piston wheel cylinders in the Express. The rears have always had premature lockup, kicking the ABS in at speed. It is even worse now with the 13 x 3.5 1-ton brakes with their larger wheel cylinder pistons. I am thinking of putting the stock 1500 rear wheel cylinders into it. Those massive 1-ton shoes have a ton of bite to them. I am not as heavy as a fully loaded up 1-ton and my trailers have brakes.

Last edited: