My GMC stopped running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's running rich I will try to buy a repair kit for the throttle body.
HOW do you know it's "rich"? Is the O2 voltage too high?

Also, I want to change my electric fans to Yukon 2007+
Gotta be better than Subaru fans. Make sure the shroud doesn't block airflow at higher vehicle speed. Lots of shrouds have a rubber-flap or louver system that opens at higher speed, but is closed at low speed.

I've never been to Saudi Arabia. I'm suspicious of electric fans. I'd be reluctant to remove a properly-working fan clutch and fan in order to install an electric-fan system. But maybe things are different there. And at least the Yukon system is OEM-validated for a V8 engine.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, I want to change my electric fans to Yukon 2007+ because yesterday the gauge temperature went to 100c.
It goes up to 100c when I stop for a while.

An engine temp of 100°C (212°F) isn't crazy, especially when your ambient temperature is over 43°C (110°F), but you don't want it topping 104°C (220°F). Again, go oversize with your cooling system. You're not in danger of freezing temperatures, so a 70/30 mix of water and coolant will help.

It's normal for the temperature gauge to rise after you shut it off. The heat trapped in the engine block will transfer to the coolant as it dissipates.