My 98 Crew Cab Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RattlePuss

Reaction score
So I bought a 98 Crew Cab 1 Ton from an uncle. Has the 6.5 Diesel but it wouldn’t run. After diagnosing every single thing I thought it would be it turned out to be the pass lock module that took a ****. It’s been a good pickup as I’ve traveled to New Mexico, All around Tx and headed to Michigan and North Dakota nxt upcoming weeks. I’m starting a build thread so I can get opinions and ideas as I continue to build it. Plan is to coilover the front with a super duty Dana 60 and air bag the rear.

RattlePuss

Reaction score
Dash was all cracked and ugly, back glass was shattered, this big girl needed some TLC

You must be registered for see images attach

RattlePuss

Reaction score
Here she was when I took her to work, for being a 1 ton (compared to my 82 square 1 ton) it was amazing on fuel. Drive her 750 miles on ONE TANK hell yea

RattlePuss

Reaction score
First thing first was I found a good dashboard to replace my broken one. This one was in mint condition. Color was different but no biggie as I was going to reupholster my entire interior

RattlePuss

Reaction score
Here is where I took it to an upholstery shop to choose the vinyl I wanted and start by wrapping my dash board

RattlePuss

Reaction score
Dashboard turned out to be extremely nice! I fell in love with how neat the wrap came to be

RattlePuss

Reaction score
I then took a sample of the vinyl to my local ppg supply and had them custom mix a SEM plastic paint to paint all my vents and panels that could not be wrapped. It turned out to be spot on with the vinyl. Took me 3 hrs of mixing paint to get it the right tint