My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
24x is the same process for both. Just thought the 411 truck setup being used on an LT was cool.

Not exactly. As the Cam and crank sensor placement is different.

Theres also absolutely zero information on installing and wiring a gen 1 start to finish in a standalone application.

Yes, theres the torqhead setup for the LTx. As well as the EFI connection kit.

But the application of the Gen 1 versus Gen 2 motors does indeed differ.

It even differs from a 96-00 Vortec truck 24x swap.

Most folks dont know they arent bound to just an 0411 PCM to run their 24x sbc too.

Micro/Megasquirt, Holley dominator, HP, AEM EMS to name a few will run a 24x sbc as well.

Although the only clear notion of this happening entails the 0411 p01 pcm only.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ought to be able to use a 1MB PCM for 24X too. My Z06 is 24X and has the 1MB P59 PCM. I do like the factory stuff but could see the aftermarket being simpler to program.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
So can the holley setup still run CNP? What other benefits are there? I'm sure there are many advantages, just curious here.

Yes, itll run the motor exactly how its configured now. Itll also allow for boost and trans brake control. Along with better tuning, user interface and tuning table resolution.

To say the least. The benefits really start to shine in big power applications.

I'll just leave this here.

You must be registered for see images attach