Muffler help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
As you may have seen I (likely) have an exhaust leak so I'm looking into a new muffler.

I want something that sounds nice and deep, but quiet. I barely want to hear it until it I step on it. Also this is for the 4.3 V6. I don't know much about them so what do you guys think?

nate

Reaction score
Dynomax super turbos have been the recommendation I've heard for what you want. I have no personal experience yet, but I'm looking to get them for my truck.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure they are different engines but my buddy had a borla muffler on his 02 v6 and it had a nice deep tone and not overly loud at all.

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
I asked the same question on gmfullsize (and was mocked for the 4.3 of course.) One guy suggested the Thrush Turbo seen HERE His truck has it and it sounds just a bit louder than stock. Anybody have any experience with Thrush? I'm kind of turned off by the brand but for that price I can't resist. Opinions?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Whatever you do, DO NOT go to a 3" system, on a 4.3. Either dual catback, or single catback. Trouble, trouble, trouble!

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look up this ebay number.
Item number: 260860092790
Look at his other mufflers one can't go wrong with his prices.

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
Whatever you do, DO NOT go to a 3" system, on a 4.3. Either dual catback, or single catback. Trouble, trouble, trouble!
Now i'm worried.. I don't know anything about what size works and doesn't..
I'm plannin on a Thrush welded muffler. The clips I found of it are nice & deep.
Link? I couldn't find any!
Look up this ebay number.
Item number: 260860092790
Look at his other mufflers one can't go wrong with his prices.
I wonder where he gets all of his stuff. I tend to stay away from ebay as much as possible..