Mrs. Skylark's 06 GTO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Sorry to have started the virtual dismantling process...it's how my mind works. If I see a Cadillac Eldorado, I think, "engine!". A Subaru STi, "drivetrain for a Bug or sand rail ". Any GM with a 6.0/6.2 LS, "how much more fun it would make my Crown Vic!" (Bonus if equipped with T-56 trans!)

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to have started the virtual dismantling process...it's how my mind works. If I see a Cadillac Eldorado, I think, "engine!". A Subaru STi, "drivetrain for a Bug or sand rail ". Any GM with a 6.0/6.2 LS, "how much more fun it would make my Crown Vic!" (Bonus if equipped with T-56 trans!)
This was one of my points to her when she was considering a Mustang.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Cool car and great color! I'm 6'2-6'3 depending on the convenience store...and I fit in the backseat of those surprisingly well.

+1 with your wife on the 18's...the first time you buy 19" tires, you'll wish you had already made the change.

The custom ECU tune will be able to get rid of the skip shift (CAGS).

I would vote no on the poly bushings....rubber is still the better choice(in my opinion).

LS2's with dual pipes sound great with Spintechs or Hooker Aerochambers. The Aerochambers will give you a quieter interior ride.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

Lol! Me too!
'Parts-on-the-hoof.'
It all started with model cars.
They'd be built kinda-sorta according to the instructions & stay that way for a week. Maybe a month.
Then I'd be into the parts stash or robbing parts from others so the mods could begin!
(*cough*) Decades (*cough*) later, the urge to not leave things well enough alone is still rampant.
It's a damned disease.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes me glad that you live in Kentucky cuz that means the 6.0L in the totaled Escalade that I bought that's going into my '89 short bed 4X4 is safe and sound here in Colorado! lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Lol! Me too!
'Parts-on-the-hoof.'
It all started with model cars.
They'd be built kinda-sorta according to the instructions & stay that way for a week. Maybe a month.
Then I'd be into the parts stash or robbing parts from others so the mods could begin!
(*cough*) Decades (*cough*) later, the urge to not leave things well enough alone is still rampant.
It's a damned disease.
Yup, glad to know there's others so " afflicted " LOL!
That's how I started too. Model cars, and then my Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars got repainted.....it's a slippery slope, but it's so fun!