Mrs. Skylark's 06 GTO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check out my sweetie's new ride! We bought her a 2006 Pontiac GTO. It is brazen orange metallic with a black leather interior, LS2, T56, 3.46 gears with a limited slip, rear IRS and 4 wheel disc.

We bought it in Vallejo, California from a guy who has an 800+hp drift GTO and a crap ton of other LS powered vehicles.

This one is mostly stock. The radio has been changed and it is sitting on 19" wheels that look like the stock 18" wheels.

It has a slight miss, a bad ac tensioner, some minor dings and scratches, the electric trunk release doesn't work and it needs some front end bushings.

The above items will get taken care of as well as a new shifter (we both hate this one), replacement key fob, 2nd key and a trip to the tuners.

It did great on the drive home. It pulled 24mpg @ 65-70mph in a bunch of rolling hills. My 190hp 4.3 S10 only managed 22mpg. The GTO weighs the extra same (3900 pounds with driver) has 400hp and got better mileage...

It has been time for my beautiful wife to have a nice vehicle. She has a ton of medical issues and the bills pile up fast. Fortunately we have everything hitting us just right financially at the moment that even though we took out a small loan that we will have it paid off in less than 2 months.

You must be registered for see images attach

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I've always liked those. Except for the unexplained weight. They just seem small for their weight. Congrats for her!
And dibs on the car incase you wake up and suddenly mutant metal moths from outer space have eaten the body away. I will gladly give the ENTIRE drivetrain a good home in my Police Interceptor :rocking:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome ride for an awesome woman. Congratulations!
Love these cars, particularly this color. I'm not usually a bright paint color fan, but this color on these cars looks phenomenal. Get those wheels chromed or powdered gloss black and it'll sit perfect.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
As for the slight miss, change the oil, cut open the filter and see how much metal flakes are in there (hopefully none). That might indicate a cam lobe is getting custom ground as you drive it, lol. Then go through the tuner/data processes that are getting cheaper and easier for the average person to do nowadays.
Your awesome gal has an awesome car that will be loads of fun for you both!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always liked those. Except for the unexplained weight. They just seem small for their weight. Congrats for her!
And dibs on the car incase you wake up and suddenly mutant metal moths from outer space have eaten the body away. I will gladly give the ENTIRE drivetrain a good home in my Police Interceptor :rocking:
The drivetrain is already spoken for if the worst were to happen!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the list of stuff to be done. It is all easy stuff. I haven't put it up on a lift yet, maybe tomorrow night if the skip shift eliminator shows up. My sweetie thinks that she wants to go back to 18" wheels.

Shifter
Keys
Poly bushings
Tune up
Service all fluids
Check brakes
Adjust parking brake
Skip shift eliminator
Fix a/c
Check power port
Fix trunk latch
Hood and trunk struts
Order touch up paint
Radio interface
Shift boot
Leather conditioner
Rear springs
Tune
Door lock switch
Dim low beams
Wheels
Tires
Exhaust? Borla?
Fix drivers lumbar
I've already called my leather shop and talked to them about redoing the shift boot and doing orange stitching.