Key fob 1996 Tahoe 2 door ls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TaHoeBuild96

Reaction score
Hello, at one point there was a key fob for the 2dr Tahoe. I bought two different key fobs (pictures below), I would put the paper clip in pins 4 and 8, it would cycle the locks but wouldn’t connect to the key fobs. Any ideas ? Thank you !

Attachments

• IMG_0163.jpeg
    IMG_0163.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0162.jpeg
    IMG_0162.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 2

TaHoeBuild96

Reaction score
Did you get the correct fob FCCID? ABO1502T is what you're looking for in 96-2000 trucks.
The first fob was incorrect, but then later ordered the 2nd and it was the same FCCID as you provided. (New photo attached). I believe I held* the buttons for over a minute as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.png
    IMG_0165.png
    646.7 KB · Views: 5

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need to follow the procedure in the service manual, its a four or five step action. Not just jumping a couple pins.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Are these brand new aftermarket, or GM? EDIT: I just looked at the attachment, I see they're new aftermarket. When I got a new aftermarket FOB it didn't want to work until I pulled out the battery and swapped in another one. I checked the battery I removed, and voltage was fine, so maybe it was just not making contact for some reason. Once I put in the other battery it was fine. It could also have been I changed up the way I was trying to hold the paper clip, and push the buttons at the same time.

That new battery that wasn't working is going to get another chance, since I just got a new case for my original GM board. I'll finally have two key fobs. The original owners of my truck lost one in the first 6000 miles they owned it :confused:

Last edited:

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I have had these batteries show good voltage (~3v) and not even light up an LED. Voltage is there but current is nonexistent. So yeah, it could be the battery.