Mrs. Skylark's 06 GTO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm usually a fan of Corsa on Vettes so I was disappointed when I heard a YouTube video of Corsa on a GTO. The Borla sounded good though. What I wish to find is actually an "exotic" sound. My wife and I were cruising down a back road last summer with the windows down and a new Camaro came around the corner and the sound made both my wife and I go wow! It wasn't loud, it actually sounded like a pasta rocket.

I wonder if that Camaro possibly had a flat plane crankshaft.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
131k on her. I'm a big fan of NGK ignition parts. I've never had a single problem. I actually ordered NGK Ruthenium plugs and wires tonight. Where did you live in Meddy?

I think it's referred to as Poplar Village North Apartments now. We ended up back in Nebraska after about a year, but both of my older sisters ended up living there for quite some time. My brother-in-law managed the Michaels store there in the mid to late 90s.

I run NGK coppers in my LS swapped Z28, and will agree they make quality parts. Bummer about the throwout bearing, that LS7 clutch will hold to about 500hp, after that, they aren't much good.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it's referred to as Poplar Village North Apartments now. We ended up back in Nebraska after about a year, but both of my older sisters ended up living there for quite some time. My brother-in-law managed the Michaels store there in the mid to late 90s.

I run NGK coppers in my LS swapped Z28, and will agree they make quality parts. Bummer about the throwout bearing, that LS7 clutch will hold to about 500hp, after that, they aren't much good.
My Grandma lived in that group of apartments from around 92-95. I don't intend to go over 500hp and the easy clutch was the best option for my wife's Rheumatoid Arthritis.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
My Grandma lived in that group of apartments from around 92-95. I don't intend to go over 500hp and the easy clutch was the best option for my wife's Rheumatoid Arthritis.

That's wild, would have been around 92-93 for us, could have been neighbors even, did she live in an upstairs apartment? We had an older lady on the upper level and on the opposite side of our apartment. Just remembered I had a bike that got stolen when we lived there, cut the chain and everything. Cops found it 3 months later stripped down in the bushes at the Fred Meyer down the street.

Good plan on the clutch then. I've got a Monster Level 3 in mine, and its not forgiving or easy on the leg...no slipping either, its in or out. The 2 probably would have been good enough, and if I ever get a wild hair to pull the transmission, it'll get a Level 2 setup.