More power 4.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan neely

Reaction score
I have a 1994 k1500 4.3 with the nv4500 transmission. Just wondering if there are any quick fixes to get a little more power out of the V-6? Thanks for the help!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
a k1500 4.3 tbi with a nv4500? Are you sure its not a nv3500?

Either way, theres some small things like completing a full tune-up, switching to e-fans, switching gearing, free up the exhaust and make sure the catalitic converter isn't plugged, etc. but if your going to stick more than $500 into it your better off finding a good running 350 tbi to swap in there.

but a full tune up will be your best bang for the buck. plugs, wires, cap, rotor, o2 sensors, fuel filter, seafoam, alignment, and possible the TBI mod.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ What he said. Especially being a TBI engine, there's not a whole lot of easy mods that are going to gain you anything. Do a full tune up and leave it alone IMO, and this is coming from a 4.3 Vortec owner with way too much money in bolt on mods.

For the Vortecs I always suggest a good tune from a competent company, but it seems that this is much more difficult and expensive to do with the TBI electronics. Not worth the hassle on a TBI V6 IMO.