Missing parts/radiator size (She's alive)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigboom997

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't take a video today cus she has a bad water pump so I'm changing that tomorrow when I install the shroud. Then she'll be done. Will update when I finish

Bigboom997

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's done
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The upper shroud was about an inch or two wider than the lower shroud but I was able to make it fit with some zip ties on the sides of it. Shouldn't be a problem right? Other then that it sounds good

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
She's done
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The upper shroud was about an inch or two wider than the lower shroud but I was able to make it fit with some zip ties on the sides of it. Shouldn't be a problem right? Other then that it sounds good
Sounds good! How does it drive?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
To be clear, the smog pump was not limited to CA trucks. My 88 C1500 had a smog pump and it was originally sold in Flint, MI. The smog pump added oxygenated air to the exhaust to help 2 way cats burn off excess fuel in the exhaust. On the newer 3 way cats, they will run for a minute or 2 when the motor is stone cold to do the same, but the point there is to get the cats lit off sooner.

Sam Cooper

Reaction score
I was under the impression CA can't require you to add emissions equipment when the vehicle came from the factory without them, only if they've been removed. But I may be wrong.

Peter, my 89 C3500 clearly came from the factory with AIR as the manifolds were smog units with plugs and all the brackets were in place for a pump. I also have a deep respect for the CA smog regs , as I remember the days of brown skies in Los Angeles. Thank goodness they are now blue again.