Metal specks in Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t see any GM transmission coolers for 93. Only the in radiator part.

MADMEXUS

Reaction score
What made you decide to put Marvel Mystery oil in the engine?
I had a lifter tick of sorts or a louding ticking sound that begins at start up when the outside temp was hot but it quickly went away(30 sec or less). I read online that dirty lifters could cause this so I decided to put a little into the crankcase, no more than a few OZ tho

MADMEXUS

Reaction score
Hello again everyone I am restarting this thread because my oil analysis from Blackstone finally came in(25 days later :rolleyes:). It seems like everything is normal besides the increase in copper content. I will drive like normal until next oil change and send in another sample. Please let me know what yall think, Thanks.
You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Well, that's good news maybe. The copper is 3x higher than the average though. I would follow their recommendation and do another analysis at 3k again to see if it gets worse (or better?). Maybe some debris get wedged in a bearing and cut a groove in one. If thats the case it could have been a 1-time event. Or it could be the beginning of the end, the only way to know is monitor and keep comparing results.