Metal specks in Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Preventative maintenance:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If you look this up on youtube, you'll see it actually works really well! Use the recommended amount every oil change

MADMEXUS

Reaction score
Preventative maintenance:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If you look this up on youtube, you'll see it actually works really well! Use the recommended amount every oil change
Ill be sure to start using that then! I currently use Lucas oil stabilizer with 4.5 quarts oil and 0.5 Lucas. But it doesn't hurt to try new things as long as it helps the engine :)

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that's good to hear, my plan was to drive till the engine gave then swap in a junkyard one while I rebuild the original. Ill keep an eye on the oil pressure and how it sounds. Thanks for the diesel oil advice ill look into it.
Just make sure the metal particles aren’t coming from the oil plug threads, Pan threads, or the socket used to remove the bolt. I’ve actually detected chrome particles in oil and the culprit was the chrome-plated socket scraping off material from both the socket and pan. Just a thought, but I think you’re fine since the oil filter appears to be clean.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Ill be sure to start using that then! I currently use Lucas oil stabilizer with 4.5 quarts oil and 0.5 Lucas. But it doesn't hurt to try new things as long as it helps the engine :)

Add it with the Lucas. They are different animals and the Motorcote needs a much smaller dose so you can add it later without risk of overfilling.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idk, I'm seeing chunks, something is in the process of letting loose. Different oils or oil additives are not going to stop it. It might not make it through next month never mind college. It time to make some plans on how to deal with this.

MADMEXUS

Reaction score
Idk, I'm seeing chunks, something is in the process of letting loose. Different oils or oil additives are not going to stop it. It might not make it through next month never mind college. It time to make some plans on how to deal with this.
Damn I was hoping it was something fixable like rod bearings, there's a copper sheen in the oil too so its possibly a bearing no?