Marine Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the intake on the 5.7 vortec the main limiting factor? Mainly the spider injectors? I hear the heads are fantastic for flow, and the spider injector is the primary limiting factor.

I want more speed from my truck, it's either a 6.0 swap soon or a marine intake, 0411 pcm, and a turbo set up of some sort.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you already have the marine intake, it would probably be better to get a Pro Flo or Pro Flo XT with an LS throttle body. Your 0411 would run it without a problem, and it would be lighter ( and may flow better) than the marine unit. Not to mention require less modification.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
ive done alot of research into whats the limiting factors for these engines and its actually not even the spider injection, you can get the new style multi port spider which has a high enough fuel distribution rate to support more power then you think, ive read its in the valve train, intake, and alot of other theories, none which are completely confirmed, my final descision is that the entire engine is just out dated, no one ever thought it was limited when it first cam out because compared to TBI it was leaps better, but compared to an LSX engine the SFI, well its just not the best overall design, with these engines your only real options are upgrade what you have like new intake setup, better heads and what not, you can go back to a carb, or do a LSX swap, all of them are really around the same price, ive accepted what i got and just left it at bolt on