Mad Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a lot of fun at my track day. I let him drive my car on the parade laps, he wasn't expecting that and loved it.

Anyways ...

My previous LS swap I used someone to do the programming and a standalone harness. Tuning wasn't right, and they weren't really tuner. I then paid a real tuner for a custom tune and it was a very slow, frustrating process and I hate paying twice for something. Buy once, cry once.

This time I've decided that between the two of us we're going to do the tune ourselves.

I keep going back and forth between the Holley Terminator Max and HP Tuners.

The Holley just looks easier all around. The only thing stopping me is I would like to keep ABS, but one of the TM's outputs can be a VSS signal which should in theory allow me to run ABS. Personally I don't like the later OBS gauges, and he probably would prefer the holley LED screen over the factory gauges anyway.

On the other hand there's something to be said for cheap and going the hard way is a good learning tool. Also I don't think anyone is going to break into his truck to steal a factory gauge cluster.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darn. All vehicles 1996 and newer in Texas are required to have OBDII to pass inspection. The Holley is out if we want to register it to drive on the street.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
No, they actually plug in and do something, check for emissions related codes I guess.

I have cats for it so it would have passed a visual inspection.
I think they have a way to get the OBD-II port to work with their Terminator. But you would have to call Holley

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Darn. All vehicles 1996 and newer in Texas are required to have OBDII to pass inspection. The Holley is out if we want to register it to drive on the street.
I go to take 5 and they basically just check my tires and lights and let me go. I don’t even get out of the truck. It literally takes 5minutes.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I go to take 5 and they basically just check my tires and lights and let me go. I don’t even get out of the truck. It literally takes 5minutes.

Yeah, but I expect it will get harder and harder in the future to do that.

I'm half-assed thinking about buying a pre-95 that isn't a basketcase and making this a race truck. I miss turbos.