Mad Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And what @618 Syndicate was doing is getting James(@Wh4t3v3rs) and myself to comment in further depth on the turbo aspect lol. I am building a Turbo'd street truck where as James is building a all out twin turbo race truck, and now a new daily as well...

I've read both of your build threads. Cool stuff.

My problem is ambition greater than free time, that and being more of a hack than a craftsmen.

Have to finish this one first anyways.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I understand the ambition>free time thing. I have got ~5min to work on my truck this past week and I just mounted my fuse block. I still have yet to pull the 350/4L60e combo out or anything.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My problem is ambition greater than free time, that and being more of a hack than a craftsmen.
ya, we all fight the free time monster!!! That SOB mugs me every freakin week! But hey, nobody says you gotta get the thing done overnight. Everyone likes daily updates, cause we're all addicted to the sight, but no hurry bro!
Come on now, you're not that bad, I can promise that! Regardless of what the younger generation likes to believe, we just didn't watch a Youtube video and POW become builders! We ALL have made our mistakes, cause we all we at a level of craftmanship below what we are today!
I hope you do take on a project like a race truck! I know I'll be one of the first to follow, interact, and help where I can. Anyways, cool build and tell your boy "hey hey!!!" on the LS swap!!! haha

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My build would be something like this:

RCSB
LS7 or some kind of 7.0 liter LS/LT, big NA power
6 speed TR-6060 or something similar
independent rear suspension
massive aero
big ass hoosiers
Thats whats up!!!!! Goals my friend, and you have ones with a taste of class!
Big displacement, 6 speed manual, independent rear suspension, aeros, big meats..... I smell a road racer!!!! I love it, and hope to see you build it!

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to reality ... just slowly adding bits needed to get it running. I kinda wish we had taken the time to make it clean and spotless from the firewall forward, but it isn't my truck and he doesn't care. The sad thing is it is this dirty even after I pressure washed it, LOL.

Basically just needs the engine accessories, wiring, and computer to be ready to start.

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here's something I wish I had known about before I installed the heads. I went to tighten the steam port pipe thingy and it wouldn't seat. It turns out there's a little plug in there. I called Texas Speed and they said if it's on the front you can tap it through and it will fall down into the water jacket in one piece for easy removal. If I had known I would just swapped it to the other side so it was in the back. I guess all my older junk had the 4 open ports.