Mad Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to talk the boy into it, but he wasn't having it. He wants this one. I'm glad he's committed to it, but it makes my life harder LOL.

Anyways, this happened.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the subject of race trucks ... as we were lining up everything I was really impressed with how far back the motor sits and lines up with the factory crossmember, but there's room for another inch or maybe even two to come back.

The thought occurred to me that if you had the skills and time you could cut into the firewall and move the motor back a lot. 6" easy. Definitely possible, in my non-professional opinion, to get a front-mid engine setup which is good for handling and weight transfer.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The thought occurred to me that if you had the skills and time you could cut into the firewall and move the motor back a lot. 6" easy. Definitely possible, in my non-professional opinion, to get a front-mid engine setup which is good for handling and weight transfer.

There's a member here who is modifying his firewall to move the engine further back. (He also built his own frame and suspension, and a bunch of other cool stuff...) Pretty awesome build.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/rcsb...hassis-build-twin-turbo-ls-swap.46977/page-12

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow ... I wonder if he ever finished. I wish I had those skills.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like he's still working on it, he posted a video of him getting some new bed sides for it to his YouTube channel about three weeks ago.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, I think I found something cool for the nerdy gearheads (perhaps old news). PCMHammer and TunerPro

In theory we should be able to do the basics like delete VATS for the cost of the OBDII dongle, and a donation. I think it will at least be great exposure to old school hacking for my son, and that's worth the $100 or so this will cost even if we fail. Not sure how friendly the tools are for real tuning, but we are a long way from that anyway.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
And what @618 Syndicate was doing is getting James(@Wh4t3v3rs) and myself to comment in further depth on the turbo aspect lol. I am building a Turbo'd street truck where as James is building a all out twin turbo race truck, and now a new daily as well...